Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby Cuddles

My little sweetness woke up early this morning fussing. I figured he was hungry, but since I was tired I really wanted to sleep. So I brought him in bed with us and held him close, talking softly. He relaxed in my arms and we both fell asleep.

I love baby cuddles.

Babies are so sweet and need so much love in order to thrive.

Don't take your little one for granted and don't miss opportunities to cuddle.

Facebook can wait.

Texting your friends can wait.

Having an immaculately clean house can wait.

Babies can't.

Cuddle yours today.




2 comments:

  1. Amen!!! <3 Reminds me of this:
    "Mother, O' Mother, come shake out your cloth,
    Empty the dustpan, poison the moth.
    Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
    Sew on a button and butter the bread.

    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
    She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
    Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
    Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
    Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek - peekaboo.
    The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew,
    And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo.
    But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
    Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
    Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.

    The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
    But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
    ~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton"

    You BOTH put it beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath, a very dear friend of mine shared this poem when Avery was a newborn. Every time I got frustrated or felt like my house was falling apart, I remembered the poem and held him. I am so glad I did.


      Thank you for sharing this with me again! <3

      Delete