Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Today's Thoughts on Yesterday

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the air was warmer (no flip flops yet), and Henry and John were by my side.

There are days when I am consumed with thoughts of what I had and lost, but yesterday was not one of those days.

Instead, I was consumed with thoughts of what I had. I was content with my little family here on earth. At the end of the day I realized that I had not thought about Avery. I did not forget him, because he is always in my heart, but I never once said, "Man, I sure wish Avery were here."

At first, this made me sad, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was good. 

John needs a wife who is not so consumed with the past that she cannot live in the future.

Henry needs a mommy who is fully there for him, tuned to his needs and able to give the love he needs to grow.

Avery needs me to be a wife and mommy, so I can help us all get safely to Heaven to see him again. He needs me to pour all the love and attention that would have gone to him onto Henry. 

I need me, too. It's not healthy for me to sit around all day and pine for what I don't have. There are going to be days when I do just that, and it's ok. But to live my life in misery and pain will never help me move on, will never help me accept my new reality.

Yesterday was a good day. Today is a good day. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a good day, too.



10 comments:

  1. Love the title <3

    Lovely thoughts Audra :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, you are so authentic. I love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audra, you are truly special! And you are a wonderful wife and mother. I hope you know that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that. I am trying to be the best wife and mommy I can be. It's hard sometimes but I would not trade it for anything. :)

      Delete