Thursday, May 2, 2013

What Do You Say?

A friend of mine recently lost her baby boy. She was 7 months pregnant.

I know the pain she is feeling.

I know the path she is on.

But I don't know what to say.

I want to text her and call her and hug her and cry with her but I know that nothing I can do or say can take the pain away.

I have walked the path she is on and I am at a loss for words.

I have experience in dealing with loss and grief but in the face of another's, I am speechless.

It is in these hard times that we are the most feeble, the most helpless.

These are the times when we can not rely on our own strength.

These are the times when I wish that life were different.

I will see her.

I don't know what I will say but I will be there for her, as others have been there for me.


4 comments:

  1. Knowing you are not alone, even in silence, is always preferable to the truly solitary path, & feeling cut off, not just from your baby, but from humanity, itself. To paraphrase Thoreau, sometimes the most I can do for my friend, is to be their friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. So many people have been there for me during our darkest days. I want to be there for her.

      Delete
  2. Oh no!!! How heartbreaking!!! That is soooooooooooo sad.
    I'm sorry to hear such difficult news. Tell your friend I'm praying for her.

    Ask God to give you the words to say when He wants you to speak and to know when to just be a friend.

    "...weep with those who weep." Romans 12:15

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words. You know that. She will just remember that you were there.

    ReplyDelete